Sunday, January 4, 2015

Twelfth Night (Lady Julia Grey, #5.6) by Deanna Raybourn

Title: Twelfth Night (Lady Julia Grey, #5.6)
Author: Deanna Raybourn
First Published: 2014
Published By: Harlequin MIRA
Format Read: Kindle for PC
Read: Nov. 24 2014
Rating: 2.5/5

(Image from Goodreads)


 With each new decade Lady Julia's wealthy family gather to perform Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'. She is the wife of an investigator (with a strong curiosity of her own) and the daughter of an Essex landowner with a home called Belmont Abbey. While preparing for the Revels, an newborn baby boy is found abandoned in the stables. Lady Julia, husband Brisbane and their young niece work to uncover the mystery.

This book is #5.6 in Deanna Raybourn's Lady Julia Grey series. Although I have not ready any of the other books, I got this as a free Amazon download, so I gave it a shot hoping it would be able to stand alone. Unfortunately it kind of missed the mark for me. Even though it was a short novella, Lady Julia's large family and cast of characters left me kind of confused. At times I had to reread paragraphs to understand who was who. I did like the humour in the writing and dialogue. It ran close to the same vein of Sherlock Holmes, only more PG.

I think that I may have enjoyed this novella more if I had read the previous books. However I am undecided if I will give the series a try.


 For those interested in learning more about the Lady Julia Grey series check out the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment