Monday, August 14, 2017

The end of a chapter

Today I would like to share with my readers an announcement that is bitter sweet for me. After a lot of deliberation, I have decided to move on from my blog here at Melissa Lee's Many Reads. Please allow me to explain..

Melissa Lee's Many Reads has been quite a learning experience for me, as I have never created a blog before. It has given me the opportunity to join a wonderful community and to connect with people from all over the world, who share the same interests that I do. I even managed to gain a small group of followers and I am so grateful for each and every one of you. 

After such a positive experience, you are probably wondering why I have decided to move on from this blog, well there are several reasons..

As I prepared for the birth of my son and the months after his grand arrival, I had to take a step back from blogging and reviewing. It gave me time to reflect on this blog and I began to realize that although I still enjoy it, I just wasn't satisfied with my presentation of it anymore. I have quite lofty goals for the content I wanted to publish, but lacked the knowledge to do so. To be honest, I have tried to do too much with it and I haven't followed through with the plans I would announce. At the same time I began to realize that I had outgrown Melissa Lee's Many Reads, its appearance and even its name. 

Somehow it didn't feel right to me to just overhaul this blog and take a different approach with it. Then I began to have problems with this blogging platform. I tried several times to fix these problems, but just became more and more frustrated. In the end I came to the conclusion that I wanted somewhere I could start fresh and create a blog that I could keep up with. A space that could grow with me. 

And so I have created my new blog ML's Red House Reviews

Please visit the link above to learn more about my new blog and subscribe if you would like to continue following my posts. 

I don't plan on deleting Melissa Lee's Many Reads and I still have several upcoming pre-scheduled posts yet to come, however I wanted to take this time to share with my readers my plans moving forward. 

Thank you all for taking the time to read my posts and reviews. I hope to see you all over at ML's Red House Reviews. 

-Melissa 



No comments:

Post a Comment