I first learned about the End of the Year Book Survey, from Melissa at Jayne's Books. However it was originally created by Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner, back in 2010. I thought that survey would be a great way to reflect on my past year in reading, so I decided to give it a shot.
2014 Reading Stats
Number of Books Read: 41 Number of Rereads: 1 Genre You Read the Most From: Historical Fiction
Best in Books
1. Best book you read in 2014? The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love but didn't? The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? What Stays in Vegas by Beth Labonte (Surprising in a good way).
4. Book you "pushed" the most people to read in 2014 (And they did!)? The Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
5. The best series you started in 2014? The best sequel of 2014? The best series ender of 2014? I reread Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The best sequel I read was The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt #2) by Adina Senft (although I have yet to read the first book in the series). I didn't read any series ending books in 2014.
6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2014? Lynn Austin and Kristin Hannah
7. The best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone? Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo (Christian Non-fiction)
8. The most action packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum #12) by Janet Evanovich
9. Book you read in 2014 that you are least likely to re-read next year? Michigan Brides by Amber Miller Stockton
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2014? The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe by Mary Simses
11. Most memorable character of 2014? Colton Burpo from Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014? Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
13. Most thought-provoking/ life changing book of 2014 Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2014 to finally read? Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2014? "I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship." -Louisa May Alcott (Little Women)
16. The shortest and longest book you read in 2014? Shortest: Twelfth Night (Lady Julia Grey #5.6) by Deanna Raybourn 51 pages Longest: Old World, New World: Great Britain and America From The Beginning by Kathleen Burk 848 pages.
17. Book that shocked you the most? These is My Words by Nancy E Turner
18. One true pairing of the year? Sofia and Ludwig from Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year? Betty White and animals, from If You Ask Me; And of Course You Won't by Betty White
20. Favourite book you read in 2014 from an author you've read previously? The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
21. Best book you've read in 2014 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/ peer pressure? The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (Read for a book club)
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014? Luke from The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
23. Best 2014 debut you read? The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
24. The best world building/Most vivid setting you read this year? Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
25. A book that puts a smile on your face/ Was the most fun to read? If You Ask Me; And of Course You Won't by Betty White
26. A book that made your cry or nearly cry in 2014? The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks and Heaven is for Real by Todd Barpo
27. Hidden gem of the year? Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
28. A book that crushed your soul? The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
29. The most unique book you read in 2014? Three Brides and a Dress by Mary Martinez
30. A book that made you the most mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)? The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
3. Best discussion/ non review post you had on your blog? None, as I just started this blog a few days ago and I don't have any readers yet.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.) None yet.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014? Finding a Goodreads group (Bookworm Bitches) and surpassing my all time record of books read in 1 year.
6. Most popular post of the year on your blog? None yet.
7. Post you wish you got a little more love? Well I wouldn't mind some people stopping by to read my blog. :)
8. Best bookish discover? Bookworm Bitches
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year? Yes! I challenged myself to read more than 25 books this year and I bet it by reading 41!
1. One book you didn't get to in 2014 but will be your number 1 priority in 2015? Ice: A Memoir of Gangster Life and Redemption-from South Central Hollywood by Ice-T.
2. Book you are more anticipating in 2015 (Non Debut) The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
3. 2015 debut you are more anticipating? A new princess diaries installment by Meg Cabot
4. A series ending/ a sequel you are most anticipating in 2015? Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in reading/ blogging life in 2015? To have another successful reading year, to connect with more people who enjoy the same books I do and to keep up with and expand my blog.
6. A 2015 release you have already read and recommend to everyone? Haven't read any as of yet.