Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday Wrap-up: August 7, 2016




Hello everyone,

I hope you all have had a great week. Well the Rio summer Olympics kicked off on friday. I didn't watch the opening ceremonies, but I did manage to watch a bit of swimming last night. Hopefully I will be able to tune into some more events throughout the week. Being Canadian I am obviously rooting for my home team, although I admit I do follow winter sports more than summer.




There is a new team competing in this years summer games that I can't help but root on as well. It is the Refugee Olympic Team. It is made up of athletes that have been displaced by their own countries. Check out this article about the team on Buzz Feed:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurasilver/everybodys-rooting-for-the-refugee-olympic-team?bffbmain&ref=bffbmain&utm_term=.fnmPYRWmQ#.rrmr3vxV5

Source: Franck Fife / AFP / Getty Images
How amazing is that? I'm only surprised that this is the first year for a Refugee Olympic Team. Wishing them all the best in their respective sports.

Here is my Instagram picture for the week:

A photo posted by Melissa Lee (@melissaleesmanyreads) on
This is what I was able to pick from the garden this week. As you can see the tomatoes aren't red yet but I currently have them wrapped in newspaper so hopefully they will ripen soon. Also I think I may have picked the cucumbers a bit too soon.. Yeah I really don't know the first thing about gardening, ha.

My Reading Progress:

I enjoyed and finished reading this Amish fiction:


I'm starting to make some progress with this book and hope to finish it within the next couple of days.

I had this on my TBR for June, but didn't get to it due to computer problems. I have this book in Kindle format for Kindle for PC. I'm happy to finally be getting to it. So far I'm really enjoying it. 

Recent Posts


Upcoming Posts:

Tuesday: Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Wish I Read as a Kid
Thursday: Olympic Book Tag



Hosted by: Book Date


12 comments:

  1. Tomatoes from the garden are the best! And yay for the Olympics- I'm pretty excited about them too. Hope the Canadians do well! I'm doing the Olympics tag this week too- it's a fun one!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your response to the Olympics Tag.

      Delete
  2. Those fresh veggies from the garden look yummy! I wanted to have a garden this year but I just ran out of time! :)

    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=12017”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani. Hope you are able to plant a garden next summer.

      Delete
  3. I'm not really into the Olympics, but you can't help getting swept up with all the excitement. I'm from South Africa and we got a silver medal in the breaststroke for men! Lots of excitement on our corner of the world today. I didn't even know about the Refugee Olympic team! Thanks so much for sharing that. Hope you will have a great week in reading. Here's my Sunday Post: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/the-sunday-post-07-august-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats great that South Africa did so well in the mens breaststroke! Wishing your country all the best. Thank you for stopping by Mareli.

      Delete
  4. I only heard about the Refugee Olympic Team during the week but I think it's a fabulous idea. I'll be cheering them home all the way and I hope it fosters some positivity for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love home grown tomatoes. Reminds me I should plant some again. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your tomatoes do well. If you decide to plant some that is. :)

      Delete
  6. I miss watching the Olympics; Hulu doesn't stream it. So I read articles and watch YouTube highlights. I'm so envious of your lovely garden harvest. That is awesome! Your book titles look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do any of your local stations stream events online? You may be able to watch some that way.

      Delete