Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Wrap-up: August 21, 2016


Offline Ramblings

Hello everyone, 

This week was a crazy one on my end, full with vehicle trouble. I got mine back from the shop a couple of days ago, only to get it home and realize something was wrong with my signal lights. Then our other vehicle crapped out. Its always one thing after another, right? Now thankfully mine is all fixed up again and fingers crossed that it stays that way. We will just have to make due with one for a while. It will be ok though.

Last night we tuned in to CBC, along with an amazing 11.7 million other Canadians to say goodbye to one of the country's most iconic bands Tragically Hip. 

Source: CBC
Earlier this year it was announced that lead singer Gord Downie (the man in the white hat) was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. So this summer the band embarked on one final, cross country tour. Tickets sold out within seconds and with such an impressive reception, CBC decided to broadcast their final concert live from the Hip's hometown of Kingston Ontario. Towns all across the country streamed the broadcast in parks, bars and movie theaters. It truly was a national event and a celebration of a band that is the epitome of Canadian music.

My Reading Progress

Books Completed:

Rating: 3.5/5. I really enjoyed the authors writing style and the small town setting. Review to come August 30, 2016.

Currently Reading



However the Bout of Books Read-a-thon begins at midnight, so I will be reading from my set TBR for that, this week. (See link below)


On the Blog
As you can see I'm trying a new look for my Sunday Wrap-up as I am hoping to better stay with the green and pink colour-scheme of my blog. 

Recent Posts:


Upcoming Posts:

Tuesday: Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books That Have Been on my TBR Since 2013
Thursday: Book Review: The One Who Sees Me by Kandi J. Wyatt RATING: 2.5/5

Plus my daily Bout of Books 17 updates. 

Links


Hosted by Book Date


6 comments:

  1. Aw sorry to hear about the car trouble! That's no fun. And the Tragically Hip! I remember them, although it's been a while. Sorry to hear about the lead singer, but I think it's great the CBC televised that. Can we have the CBC? After trying to watch the Olympics on NBC here in the States I think I'd take the CBC or BBC thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if you can watch some CBC videos on Youtube? Or is it restricted to outside of Canada? Might be worth a try. Sorry to hear that the NBC Olympic coverage has been so lacking.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you had car trouble. Cars are so needed. I kept seeing IGers post this band and then I had read why it was all over. What a brave lead singer and what an awesome band to embark on this last journey with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible that he was able to do this tour with his declining health. The Hip definitely won't be forgotten.

      Delete
  3. The whiskey sea looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been a bit slow to start, but I think its picking up. I'm not very far into it yet though. Hope you have a great week too. :)

      Delete