Saturday, August 27, 2016

Bout of Books 17: Master Post

Bout of Books
It's Bout of Books time again! If you are interested in learning more or signing up, click on the image above to be taken to the read-a-thon blog. Welcome to my master post. Here I will be keeping track of my reading for the week.

Check out my Bout of Books 17: Sign-up! post for my TBR list.
Wishing all of the other participants the best of luck and happy reading!

Bout of Books 17: Master Post


Overall Totals

Total # of Books Completed
Total # of Pages Read
Total # of Challenges Completed
2
321 + 30 mins (Audio)
1

Friday, August 26, 2016
Books Read:
Pages Read:

  •  Tuck Everlasting by Natalie                      Babbitt



  • 56 pages 



Thursday, August 25, 2016

Books Read:
Pages Read:

  •  Tuck Everlasting by Natalie                      Babbitt
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson                   Levine



  • 10 pgs
  • 15 minutes (Audio) 



Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Books Read:
Pages Read:

  •  Tuck Everlasting by Natalie                       Babbitt
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson                   Levine



  • 23 pgs.
  • 15 mins. (Audio)



Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Books Read:
Pages Read:

  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) by Carolyn Keene
  • Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit



  • 81 pgs (COMPLETED)
  • 50 pgs


Monday, August 22, 2016

Books Read:
Pages Read:
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew #2) by Carolyn Keene 


  • 101 pgs

Books to Movie Challenge

My Favourite Book to Movie Adaptations: There are so many book to movie adaptations that I love.. here are three of my most recently read/watched. 


My Least Favourite Book to Movie Adaptations: 

10 comments:

  1. My favorite book-to-movie (from a while back) is "Pentimento" by Lillian Hellman, which was remade as the movie "Julia." More recently, I loved "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl," and I also loved the movie adaptation.

    My least favorite is "The Scarlet Letter" (Nathaniel Hawthorne) which was remade as "A Scarlet Letter" starring Demi Moore. It is an atrocity. Next to that is "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" when it was adapted into a movie by Disney. It is horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've read or see any of those books/movies. With the exception of the Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me Erma.

      Delete
  2. I saw Princess Diaries before I read it and was very surprised by the differences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have enjoyed Princess Diaries more if I had seen the movie before reading the book. They changed so so much. I didn't think it was really necessary.

      Delete
  3. I never read The Princess Diaries books (shock, right?!) but based on how many there are, and the way Hollywood changes eeeeverything, I would not be at all surprised to find myself disliking the adaptation if I ever read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a long series. Its one of my favourites though. The books aren't as flowery as the movie.

      Delete
  4. I do wish filmmakers wouldn't Americanize British books. Part of the charm is the setting, so the story inevitably looses as a result. That said, I did enjoy Matilda, which was also Americanized. So I guess there are exceptions to the rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, especially since I enjoy British humor. You are right though there are some exceptions, like for example PS I Love You. I enjoyed the Americanized movie version much more than the original book.

      Delete
  5. I also loved the movie adaptation of Dan Brown's Angels and Demons...Da Vinci Code wasn't bad either, but neither the book or movie compare to the first in the series. Angels and Demons is definitely the best!
    I'm also participating in Bout of Books...and have established my first blog!
    wordjunkiesays.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Da Vinci Code yet, but hope to soon. As for the movie I can't really remember much about it. Will have to re-watch them both once I've read it.

      Checking out your blog now. :)

      Delete