Friday, May 1, 2015

Monthly Wrap-up: April 2015





Month in Review is a new monthly meme which was created by Kathryn at Book Date.


Spring has finally sprung! I am just loving this beautiful weather and I’m happy to be able to put away my heavy winter coat and boots. 

On a personal note: I spent a nice Easter Sunday having a dinner with my in-laws and the rest of my boyfriend’s family. We hadn’t seen many of them since Christmastime so it was nice to get together and catch up. Not to mention all the yummy food of course. 

A few weeks ago, we had a date night at the movies. That was my first time ever going to the drive-in. We saw Furious7, which I have to admit wasn’t my favourite from this franchise. I must admit the tribute to Paul Walker at the end was beautifully done and had me in tears. 

 
I’m looking forward to enjoying some more movies there throughout the next few months. Can you believe that it is cheaper to see 2 films and get snacks for 2 at the drive-in than it is at a regular movie theatre? Plus you get the privacy of your own vehicle as well. 
 

I did some work on my Pinterest page adding a board for my blog reviews. Check it out at the link below. If you have Pinterest let me know in the comments and I will follow your boards as well. 
Also check out my blog’s Facebook page:


Now onto the books..

April was a slightly disappointing month for me in reading. I wouldn’t categorize it as “quantity” nor “quality”, unfortunately. Looking back I’m not sure where the time went and was kind of surprised to see that I had only completed 4 books. Now this may seem like a great number for some, but considering that my total for March was 7, I was expecting more. However comparing the two months, the quality of the books read in the previous month really outshines those of April. The first two books I read (South of Superior and In the Company of Secrets) weren’t very gripping and therefore took me longer to complete. These two really slowed down my progress, but all the same I am glad that I took the time to finish them. Thankfully the final two books read for April were much more enjoyable.


Books Completed in April:




The List:

The Stats:
Favourite Book of the Month: The Selection by Kiera Cass
Favourite Setting: Ikonos Greece (Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella)
Favourite Character: Noah (Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella)
Longest Book Read: Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
Shortest Book Read: The Selection by Kiera Cass
Total Number of Pages Read: 1586 pgs.
Total Number of Fiction Books Read: 4
Total Number of Non-Fiction Books Read: 0

Challenge Updates:
2015 A-Z Challenge: 11/26
2015 eBook Challenge: 11/25
2015 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge: 7/10
Millionaire Challenge: 7174/1000000

Currently Reading:



April TBR:



How did your April month in reading go? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to leave your blog links if you did a wrap-up as well. 

Here’s to May!  

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes indeed books that don't hold our interest slow us down, happens to me too. Love how you list your stats. Hope the Dawn French book is good, I like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the two books I'm reading now really aren't holding my interest..the Dawn French one included. I hate to not finish a book but it may come down to that. Especially for The Time is Now. I'm going to give the Dawn French book another shot though. Thank you for stopping by Kathryn!

      Delete
  2. I am kind of embarrassed to say I have never seen a Fast and the Furious movie! I did love the Selection series!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those type of movies aren't for everyone, its ok. :) Thank you for stopping by Missie! Can't wait to read the rest of The Selection books.

      Delete
  3. I love going to the drive-in! Unfortunately, they closed it about, maybe, 10 years ago. We've since moved so I wouldn't be able to go anyway, but I miss it.
    I hope you have a great May!
    http://candy-m.blogspot.com/2015/04/month-in-review-april-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read the Selection series! It has been sitting on the stacks for too long. It has been a long time since I've been to a drive-in movie. Have a great May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it! Some other reviewers aren't particularly fans of it but you don't know for yourself until you give it a try. Hope you enjoy them when you do get around to reading the series.
      Thank you for stopping by Nise.

      Delete