Sunday, May 31, 2015

Monthly Wrap-up: May 2015




Month in review is a monthly meme which was created by Kathryn at Book Date.

 
May was an awesome month in reading for me and I contribute that all to the Bout of Books Read-a-thon that was held from May 11th to May 17. It was a very low pressure read-a-thon, that I really enjoyed being part of. Click the link below to see my overall totals for that week. 


I don’t have much to report on a personal note, for May month. Other than the fact that I enjoyed a nice Mothers Day with my mom and mother in-law. 

Books Completed in May:


The List:

The Stats:
Favourite Book of the Month: Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
Favourite Setting: Nantucket (The Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer)
Favourite Character: The Reb: Albert Lewis from Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
Longest Book Read: A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French
Shortest Book Read: Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
Total Number of Pages Read: 1918
Total Number of Fiction Books Read: 5
Total Number of Non Fiction Books Read: 1

Challenge Updates:
2015 A-Z Challenge: 14/26
2015 eBook Challenge: 14/25
2015 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge: 8/10
Millionaire Challenge: 9092/1000000

Currently Reading: 



June TBR:

How did your May month in books go? What was your favourite book you read? Leave me a message in the comments.

15 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, I will have to check out your reviews!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on finishing 6 books! I've only seen one of them before, "Treasure of the North." My older sister seemed to enjoy the whole Yukon Quest series- I think she may have read the series more than once.
    I compiled a June TBR stack yesterday and put the ones that aren't e books on my desk. It's bigger than I can probably get to, but it was fun planning. Hope you enjoy reading your June picks. I've never read any of them, but I have seen a few film adaptions of "The Secret Garden." Such a lovely tale. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace. I like being able to plan what I'm going to read as well. Even if its just a few books. I find if I plan for too many its overwhelming for me.

      I liked The Secret Garden movie from the 90's. It was a sweet movie. Looking forward to reading the book.

      Delete
  3. Great reading. Yes Nantucket sounds like wonderful place, away from the city and Nancy Thayer does a great job describing it. I just read my first book by her, not this one though. Enjoy your June TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to Nantucket one day. It looks beautiful there. Seems like many of Nancy Thayer's books are set there. Great summer setting.

      Thank you for stopping by Kathryn!

      Delete
  4. You've read some interesting books in May. I'm curious to see what you think of the Secret Garden. I've been thinking of reading it for a while now. Have a great June ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like to do a buddy read for The Secret Garden, Soudha?

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Oh I'd love to! But I won't be able to pick this one up until mid June. Is that alright with you?

      Delete
    3. Yes that works for me. No rush. I can start it whenever you are ready. :)

      Delete
  5. Ohh- I didn't know Mitch Albom had a new book out. I was just thinking of him. I'm going to read your review and add his book to my to read list. It looks like you have a nice collection of books. Enjoy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh-just released Have A Little Faith was written awhile ago, but I have not read it. I enjoyed your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mitch Albom's latest book is "The First Phone Call from Heaven". I haven't read it yet though. Hopefully one day. Hope you enjoy Have a Little Faith, its a worth while read.

      Thank you for stopping by Pat. :)

      Delete
  7. Great reading month! I like to read books that take place on Nantucket.

    ReplyDelete