Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books I'll Probably Never Read









Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme, created and hosted by TheBroke and the Bookish.


Here are the top 10 books that I will probably never read. 


1. 50 Shades of Grey Series by E.L. James: I’m just not into erotic books, plus I’ve heard the writing is atrocious. I have no plans to watch the movie either. 



2.Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: When I think of vampires (even sparkly ones) I think of bats. And bats terrify me. So no thank you.



3. Anything by Jane Austen: A couple of years ago I read The Complete Illustrated Novels of Jane Austen (Volume I), which included the Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park and Persuasion. And let me tell you I was so bored out of my tree. I know a lot of people are big fans of her work, but she just isn’t for me. I don’t plan on reading any more of her books. I would however, possibly consider a more modern retelling. 



4. The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Series by J.R.R Tolkien: I’ve had friends try to explain to me the world these books are set in, but I just can’t grasp it. Clearly the man was a very talented writer and I respect him for that but the fantasy genre really doesn’t interest me. I tried to watch one of the movies but didn’t even make it half way through before I shut it off. 


5. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess: I watched the movie that is based on the book, a few years ago and oh my.. it was strange. I think the only way to enjoy that story is if you drop some acid first. Considering that I have NO interest in ever dropping acid, I’m going to pass on this book as well. 



6. Anything by Stephen King:  Growing up I was always that kid who would have terrible nightmares after watching a scary movie. So ever since I have tried to steer clear of horror films and books. 



7. Dracula by Bram Stoker: I will never read this book for the same reasons I won’t read Twilight or Stephen King novels. 



8. The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe: Firstly, I’m terrified of birds and second I’ve never much liked poetry. 



9. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. This is a series I would like to love. The fan base around it is amazing and many of my friends and family enjoy the books and the television show, but for some reason I can’t get into it. 



10. Kardashian Konfidential by Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian:  Do I really have to explain this one? 


A better name for this list would have been “Books that would scare Melissa.” But, there you have it. So I wouldn’t expect to see any of these titles up for review here on my blog.

Did you participate in this weeks Top 10 Tuesday? If so leave me your link in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. 50 Shades of Grey was the only one of yours on my list, but I probably wouldn't read any of them.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifty Shades is so, so awful. Such a good call for not reading them! I agree with all the other books on your list too- I have zero plans to read a single one of them. And is #10 seriously a thing? UGH. How?! And I love that you said it should be "books that would scare Melissa" HA! I love it!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Shannon. I could have made a list solely on what would scare me. The worst part about that last book is when I typed Kardashian in on Goodreads, there were several to choose from.

      Delete
  3. Haha...I love that you included the Kardashians. Fantastic! I can really go without any further information on any of them, so I say great pick. Fifty Shades did have some pretty meh writing and if you haven't read Twilight, then there's not much there for you. I enjoyed the fact that the fan fiction connection was so blatantly obvious in both characters and plot. Thanks for visiting me so I could come read your list! Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it came down to number 10, I asked myself what would annoy me the most and The Kardashian's won.. or lost however you look at it lol. Thank you for stopping by Elle.

      Delete