The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender
and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that
begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in
whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are
challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are
completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.
Today (May 11 2015) marks the start of the Bout of Books week long read-a-thon. I am so excited to be participating for the first time.
When thinking about my goals for this read-a-thon, I knew that I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself. I am very prone to getting stressed out and taking on more than I can chew, but really I am doing this for fun and because I love to read, so why let myself get that way? I'm going to try my best to just enjoy myself and set daily feasible goals for myself, while participating in the format the other bloggers are, as set by the organizers.
Here are my starting book statuses and my goals for the first day of the read-a-thon:
- Treasures of the North (Yukon Quest Book #1) by Tracie Peterson
Kindle for PC, Pg 115.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's: A Short Novel and Three Stories by Truman Capote
Kobo, eBook, Pg. 73.
- Finish reading Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
- Read at least 30 pages from Treasures of the North by Tracie Peterson
- Post my updates and visit other participants blogs to cheer them on
Bookish Survey Challenge
The first challenge for the Bout of Books Read-a-thon is the Bookish Survey, which is being hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale.
1. How do you organize your shelves?At the moment my online book shelves are more organized than my physical ones. Recently I have been working to add all my TBR books over to my Pinterest board. I will be using my Goodreads To Read shelf specifically for books I have in my possession.
As for my physical shelves, they are somewhat in disarray at the moment. I do plan to reorganize them soon though. I have two shelves in my living room and one in my bedroom. One shelf in my main living room book case is specifically for books that I will be reading in the near future. I try to keep the yet to be read books separate from my already read books. I also have an overflowing bag in one corner of newly bought books that can't fit on my shelves.
2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres?
The Selection by Kiera Cass
3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
The Selection by Kiera Cass.
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
I am excited to begin Summer at Sea by Beth Labonte, later this week.
5. What book do you recommend the most?
I would say that out of the books I've read, I recommend The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, the most. It is a beautiful story with strong female characters.
Well thats all for this posting. Off I go to begin my day and start reading away. I hope to make another post later tonight (before I go to bed) with my progress for the day.
Best of luck to all who are participating!