Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday Wrap-up: December 27 2015


 Sunday Wrap-up: December 27 2015

 

Offline Ramblings:

This past week was crazy with Christmas preparations. I managed to get all my shopping done before Christmas eve, which I was pretty impressed about. Still I felt stressed out getting everything ready and my Christmas spirit just didn't end up coming at all. Here is how my holidays went:

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas eve over at my parents house, with my brother, sister in-law and aunt and uncle. We had a big yummy turkey dinner. There's nothing like my moms home cooking. Then we exchanged gifts with my Aunt and Uncle.I got some nice PJ's and an Indigo/Chapters gift card. I am looking forward to using it.

Later we played a couple of games of Cards Against Humanity, which was absolutely hilarious.

Christmas Day

The next morning we went back to my parents house to open our gifts, which is our tradition. Then we had a nice big family breakfast with all the regular favourites: bacon, eggs, toast and fruit. I also made a hash brown and sausage slow cooker casserole, that went over well. I will share the recipe here on my blog later this week. 

I got some nice gifts this year. Mostly things that we needed like: bed sheets, a new kettle and a set of kitchen utensils. The hubby got me some fun things including;

A cool colouring book
 And..


Boxing Day

Boxing day brought another delicious turkey dinner, this time with my in-laws and family. Then we played some more Cards Against Humanity.

So all in all, despite my lack of Christmas spirit it went well and was spent surrounded by those who mean the most to me. 



On the blog: 

Recent Posts

 

 Upcoming Posts

Tuesday December 29
Book Review: Submerged (Alaskan Courage #1) by Dani Pettrey 
Wednesday December 30 2015
Christmas Morning Breakfast: Crock-pot Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole
Friday January 1 2015
Monthly Wrap-up: December 2015

Books Read:  

 

Completed. Rating: 5/5
Completed. Rating: 4/5

 Currently Reading:


I hope that all who celebrate had a wonderful Christmas!

-Melissa Lee

Today I am linking up with:

The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? hosted by Kathryn @ Book Date 


10 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like a great extended Christmas, I know exhaustion can kind of rob you of the spirit of Christmas, but sounds like fun was had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast sounds delicious! Can't wait for the recipe for the casserole - I love hash browns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this game, but I've never seen it actually played. Thanks for sharing it.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/12/christmas-cookies-my-secret-santa-box.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cards Against Humanity is definitely not for the easily offended. Thanks for stopping by Deb.

      Delete
  4. Despite the stress leading up to it, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with family. That game is new to me. It sounds like fun. Here is what I read last week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. Heading over to check out your post now.

      Delete
  5. Christmas sounds wonderful!!

    The game sounds fun too.

    ENJOY the last week of 2015. I hope you get some good books read.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. Hope you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete