Thursday, December 17, 2015

Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum #16) by Janet Evanovich




Title: Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum #16)
Author: Janet Evanovich
Published: June 2011
Published By: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Format Read: Paperback
Genre: Contemporary, Mystery, Humor
Date Read: December 17 2015
Rating: 3.5/5






Stephanie Plum is back in this sixteenth installment of the bounty hunter series. Life is following its regular pattern of living paycheck to paycheck and being caught in the middle of a love triangle with two irresistible men. Then cousin Vinnie is kidnapped by a mobster after racking up too many gambling debts and the fate of the bail bond company hangs in the balance. It is up to Stephanie, Lula and Connie to rescue their boss and find a way to pay back the accumulating debt. 

 

Reunited
After reading the first fifteen books, I felt burnt out by this series and decided to take a break. Now a year later I feel as if I have been reunited with an old friend. I slipped into the story and Stephanie’s life like I hadn’t missed a beat. 

Plot Progression
Not much has changed from the previous books, which is kind of a downer, but I thought the way the plot progressed will hopefully open doors for some changes to come in number 17. It is a shame that there isn’t more character development. But this fan is still holding out hope for more. 

About the Story Line
The story line was enjoyable and fast paced, as was expected. However I think that had I not taken a break from reading these books, my overall rating would have been lower. I enjoy when Connie joins Stephanie on a hunt, as she definitely brings some brains and muscle to the team. Also an appearance from the Moon Man himself; Mooner is always appreciated. 

Moving Forward
Moving forward, I have decided not to rush through the rest of the books, as I have learned that spacing them out amongst other genres results in a much more enjoyable reading experience.
I would recommend Sizzling Sixteen to those who are already fans of the Stephani Plum series and Janet Evanovich. 



To read more of my reviews from the Stephanie Plum series click the links below. 

1. One for the Money
2. Two for the Dough
3. Three to get Deadly
7. Seven Up
8. Hard Eight 
14. Fearless Fourteen 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Plum series, though haven't read them all yet, Janet E.is a terrific author, and one of my all time favorites!! Also, my middle daughter's name is Melinda Lee, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many of the Stephanie Plum books have you read Joann?
      Your daughter has a nice name. :)
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete