Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Wrap-up: May 29 2016




Look at me posting two weekly wrap-ups in a row! Its nice to be getting back into the swing of a blogging schedule after about a month of little involvement.

It's hot as hell here in Ontario and I am so thankful for my AC, even if it is just a small window unit. Everything is so beautiful and green now. This is a great time of year to drive down some back country roads and gaze out over the rolling farmers fields.

My parents garden is blooming nicely. I hope to take some pictures of it to share with you throughout the summer. They planted a vegetable garden and we are starting to see sprouts up already. We are all looking forward to fresh, home grown produce.

My Reading Progress:

I made great progress this past week with my reading. It helps that the books I've selected have been really keeping my interest. 

Books Completed:


As I mentioned last week, my partner and I were listening to this book in audio via the Overdrive app. We both really enjoyed it. I gave it 4/5 and can't wait to read the second book in the series,

Friday night we watched the movie adaptation of The Lightning Thief. We both agreed that the book was much better. There were so many important details that were left out, which was disappointing. However I thought it was an okay movie. 


Its been years since I read this series, so it is bringing back memories of my childhood when my teacher read the Little House books aloud to the class. I admit the stories don't have the same impact on me now that they had over 20 years ago, but I'm still enjoying it. I gave it 3/5 rating. 


Recent Posts:

Wednesday: Book Review: Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman RATING: 5/5
Friday: Book Review: Days of Grace by Catherine Hall RATING: 3/5

Coming up this week:


Wednesday: Monthly Wrap-up: May 2016
Friday: Book Review: The Girls They Left Behind by Bernice Thurman Hunter RATING: 4/5






And I can't put it down! Why oh why have I waited so long to read this?!

 I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. Did you do a weekly wrap-up post? If so leave me your links in the comments so I can check them out.




Hosted by: Book Date 



16 comments:

  1. It's been warm here too which wasn't bad at first, then it got humid and on the AC went lol. We've been in the 80's most every day now. I love fresh garden produce, and I agree- taking a quiet drive down a country road at this time of year, everything growing- it is nice!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are keeping cool in that heat Greg. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I always hoped my daughter would want to read my Little House books but she is more into Percy Jackson. Here's my link https://worthgettinginbedfor.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-30/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each their own I guess. At least she is still reading something she can learn from with Percy Jackson, so its still positive. :) Perhaps one day she will surprise you and give the Little House books a try. Thank you for stopping by Heather.

      Delete
  3. My AC has been running all weekend. I've been reading inside though it looks nice outside too. Allergies make inside better for me. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your allergies aren't too bad. My spring allergies seem to have gone away now, but last month they drove me nuts. Thanks for stopping by Kathy.

      Delete
  4. Nice book week for you...I loved Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt.

    Have a wonderful reading week this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a nice book isn't it?
      Thank you Elizabeth, you too.

      Delete
  5. Gosh I LOVED reading The Little House novels! Kind of makes me want to go and re-read them!
    Happy Reading & Happy Memorial Day!

    My Monday Post
    Peyton @A Bookish Mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope get to re-read them again. We celebrated Victoria Day here in Canada last weekend, but wishing you a happy memorial day.

      Delete
  6. I loved The Little House on the Prairie TV show, but haven't read the books. I should!

    Enjoy your week...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you give the Little House books a try sometime.
      Hope you have a nice week.

      Delete
  7. I have just started reading Ceecee Honeycutt, it has been on my radar for a long time. Yes Spring is so exciting in the garden with all the new growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like it so far? Its a pretty quick read and I know you read fast so I'm sure you will zip through it.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  8. I will admit that the Little House books had a much different impact on me when I read them as an adult (to my kids) from when I read them as a child. I can't say that I liked them less (except for Little House on the Prairie...I found that one disturbing!), but they were just...different. I still love (most of) them, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm not the only one who thought differently about them as an adult. However I agree with you, I still enjoy them. Just curious, what did you find disturbing about Little House on the Prairie?

      Delete