Month in Review is a monthly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date
One of my favourite months of the year has come and gone and the holiday season is coming up fast. Unfortunately I didn't get out to enjoy the crisp fall weather as much as I would have liked, thanks to an on and off flu bug that moved into my apartment. I think its safe to say that is has moved out again, thankfully.
This past month may not have been very eventful, but I did have a great reading month. I completed a total of 7 books, which is a good number for me. I read some great books, two of which I rated 5 stars.
Read in October:
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Rating: 5/5)
- Hardy Roses: And Other Stories by Maeve Mullen Ellis (Rating: 3/5)
- The Imposter (The Bishops Family #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher (Rating: 5/5)
- Pane and Suffering by Cheryl Hollon (Rating: 3/5)
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells (Rating: 4/5)
- Hellen Keller in Love by Rosie Sultan (Rating: 3/5) REVIEW TO COME
- Merry Mary by Ashley Farley (Rating: 3.5/5) REVIEW TO COME
Favourite Book of the Month: The Imposter
Favourite Setting: Stony Ridge (The Imposter)
Favourite Character: David (The Imposter)
Longest Book Read: Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (458 pages)
Shortest Book Read: Merry Mary (98 pages)
Total Number of Pages Read: 2010
Total Number of Fiction Books Read: 7
Total Number of Non-Fiction Books Read: 0
My TBR for November is a bit ambitious. I have a feeling that this will be a busy month, so some of these will likely carry over to December, but thats just the way she goes, right? As long as I get my required reading done and participate in the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-a-thon, I will be happy.
I hope you all had a wonderful October and a Happy Halloween. What did you read this month? Did read any 5 star worthy books? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a message in the comments.