Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Nature Box Subscription Trial



Lately I have been seeing so many different subscription boxes going around. They range anywhere from books to cosmetics, to food and superhero’s. Sometimes I wonder how people can afford to subscribe to so many. Some of them aren’t cheap. But I do like the idea of them. Its always fun getting a package in the mail. My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to look for one that I can try out. But what to choose? I don’t wear a lot of makeup so it probably wouldn’t be worth my money getting a cosmetic subscription box. I have yet to find a book box that really catches my eye. In the end I decided that a food subscription would be worth my while. Now, you see I have a sweet tooth. I love to snack and often (ok more than often) I don’t eat the most healthy choices. I have been seeing videos and blog posts about Nature Box, with its array of healthy snacks and I thought that this could help influence better snacking. I was a bit worried that these healthy snacks would taste well… healthy, flavorless and bland. However thankfully Nature Box offers a trial box with samples of what you may get in the full size monthly boxes. 

A little bit about Nature Box:
What I received:



(Sorry for the crappy pictures)

Masa Crisps: Corn chips with flax seeds. I was surprised by how much flavour these crisps had. They were salty and crispy. I enjoyed them.
Cranberry Medley: Normally I find cranberries too tart, but these weren’t too bad. I would much rather eat these than drink cranberry juice.
Sweet Blueberry Almonds: This snack was one of my favourite from the trial box. The almond and blueberry flavours went really good together. I hope to get these again.
Dark Cocoa Nom Noms: I’m not a lover of dark chocolate or coconut but these were so yummy! They didn’t last long. These came in a full sized bag.
Jalapeno Cashews: This was the only snack from my trial box that I didn’t eat, because I don’t like jalapeno.

All in all I was very pleased with my trial box. The flavours were great, as were the potion sizes and selection. I am really looking forward to getting my first full size Nature Box next month with even more goodies to try. What I love about their website is that each customer has their own pantry, where they select snacks to be added to their upcoming boxes. There is such a huge selection to choose from.

Do you have a subscription to Nature Box or any other subscription boxes? If so leave me a message in the comments. I’d love to hear about them. Are they worth the money?
Stay tuned in July for my next Nature Box post.
Happy snacking!

4 comments:

  1. This box sounds so delicious! Too bad I don't have access to subscription boxes here :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some subscription boxes that send world wide. I've heard of a candy one out of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by their snack selection, definitely! My fear with subscriptions boxes of food is that I'd just end up eating more food than I already do. But I look forward to more posts about this to see how it goes for you.

    My only box subscription is Stitch Fix, which I love! It's definitely not cheap, but I *hate* shopping and am kind of terrible at picking out clothes. Stitch Fix is definitely helping me build a better, more professional wardrobe. For me, it's worth the expense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping that instead of snacking on chips, cookies etc. that these healthier snacks will fill me up. Hopefully it will work out that way lol.

    I've never heard of Stich Fix before. I will have to look it up.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete