Monday, February 2, 2015

Monthly Wrap-up: January 2015



Well, its the beginning of February already. Where did January month go? It just flew by for me. On a personal note my work schedule has changed, so it has been a bit of an adjustment. It is for the best though. 

January was a good month in reading for me. Not only did I read a total of 6 books, but I began this blog as well! I might not read as fast as other bloggers and I might not read all the latest popular books, but that’s just me. I like to choose books to read based on my own personal interest not because everyone else is reading it. This is evident in the books I’ve already reviewed here on my blog. Who knows what I will read next. I like to keep it interesting to me. Because that’s what’s important right? Unfortunately I didn’t read any 5 star books and there were a couple of duds this month. However that is ok because I did read some interesting stories. 
 
I was also hard at work learning how to crochet this month. So far I am really enjoying it and looking forward to trying my first project. I will be making another update in the next couple of days. The following links are my progress so far:



Now on to my reading progress this past month.

The List:


Rating: 3.5/5



5. Perdita by Hilary Scharper
Rating: 3.5/5

Rating: 2/5


The Stats:

Favourite book from the month: Perdita by Hilary Scharper
Favourite Setting: The Bruce Paninsula of Georgian Bay (Cape Prius) in Perdita by Hilary Scharper
Favourite Character: Paris the wolf pup from Last Chance for Paris
Longest Book Read: Perdita by Hilary Scharper (425 pgs)
Shortest Book Read:  Crochet for Beginners: The Basics on How to Create These Hand-Crafted Creations by Mary Fuller (32 pgs)
Total Number of Pages Read: 1461 pgs
Total Number of Fiction Books Read: 5
Total Number of Non Fiction Books Read: 1




Challenge Updates:


Upcoming on ML's Many Reads:


Currently I am still under a book buying/adding ban. The reason for this is because I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with all the titles I’ve been adding to my TBR list. So I decided to take some time to just concentrate on those books that I already have waiting to be read. This hasn’t been easy for me. Nor do I think it would be for any bookworm. But I know that once I am caught up with all the books I have been sent to review, I will feel accomplished.



Currently Reading:



Simple Crocheting: A Complete How-to-Crochet Workshop with 20 Projects by Erika Knight












Where Trust Lies (Return to the Canadian West Book #2) by Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan








Next Up in my TBR Pile:

 


The Secrets of the Old Ladies Club by Nan Tubre












Death Comes to London by Catherine Lloyd 













The Secrets of Islay –Golf, Marathons and Single Malt by Robert Kroeger 










 Death of a Dog Whisperer by Laurien Berenson











To Kill a Matzo Ball by Delia Rosen











(All Images from GoodReads with the exception of The Secrets of the Old Ladies Club, which is my own picture)

In other news, spent today snowed in, here in south central Ontario, as we had quite the storm last night and into today. Today was also Groundhog Day and the results are in.. Wiarton Willie predicts that we are in for an early spring. Somehow I doubt it, but only time will tell.




Hope you all have a great month with plenty of wonderful books.

2 comments:

  1. I love Janette Oke's stories, so I will have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a giveaway on Goodreads for it right now actually. I really enjoyed that book.

    ReplyDelete