Sunday, February 8, 2015

ML's Adventures in... Crocheting Pt. 3



ML’s Adventures in.. is a new segment I am introducing to my blog. It will feature different things that I intend to learn and try. Examples may include: crafts, recipes etc.

 


Unfortunately my first attempt at learning how to crochet didn’t go as planned. But fortunately I was able to find a great video on youtube to help me learn how to make a chain and the basic stitches.


Next up in my TBR pile is 8 Different Crochet Stitches from All Free Crochet.

Source: GoodReads

This eBook claims to have patterns included, so I was eager to start. Crossing my fingers that this book will be more helpful. 

The patterns in this book include tutorials on: Tunisian crochet, vertical crocodile stitch, picot stitch, crazy shell stitch, raspberry crochet stitch, hairpin lace, broomstick lace and single colour crochet brioche stitch.  

After reading through much of this book I came to realize that not only is it geared towards people who are familiar with basic crochet stitches, but crochet terms as well. It also requires different types of hooks and supplies that I do not own. 

Another strike against my plan to learn to crochet. But I’m not going to give up just yet! I have two more books to try out and a number of youtube videos I hope to watch. I hope to return to 8 Different Crochet Stitches, in the future, as it seems to be a decent guide. 

Here’s to hoping that I have better luck with my next attempt. 

Stay tuned for my next post, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment