I have been meaning to make this post for a couple of weeks ago but kept putting it off because I'm terrible at taking good pictures. I really wanted to share my recent haul with everyone, so I finally bit the bullet and got my camera out. Honestly I was only happy with one of the pictures I took so that is the one I'm going to go with..
Last month I won and enjoyed a Mary Kay pampering session for me and three friends. A wonderful consultant came and taught us all how to do a Mary Kay clean skin routine, soft hands and satin lips demo and a makeup tutorial. She taught us all how to apply it ourselves, which is nice because we were able to re-create the looks ourselves. It was a fun and relaxing time, just us girls.
Afterwards I placed an order for some products and they were delivered within a week. I was pleasantly surprised how fast it arrived.
I had never ordered from Mary Kay before because it is quite pricey, but it was nice to splurge just this once. Here is what I bought:
Products from left to right:
- Mary Kay Botanical Effects Cleanse (Normal/Sensitive Skin): This is an everyday face wash that leaves my skin feeling nice and clean.
- Mary Kay Botanical Effects Freshen (Normal/Sensitive Skin): This comes in a spray bottle and I use it with a cotton pad before I use the cleanser. Like the rest of the products in this line it is unscented. It is also alcohol free.
- Mary Kay Botanical Effects Hydrate (Normal/Sensitive Skin): This is a lotion which is to be used after cleansing the face. I find it a bit greasy though.
- Mary Kay Botanical Effects Mask (Normal/Sensitive Skin): I love to use this mask in the bath. I cleanse my skin first then apply the mask. The packaging suggests using 2-3 times a week.
- Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara -Black: This is one of the best mascara's I've tried. I have long and dark eyelashes already, so I normally wear much. But this product really makes them look nice.
- Mary Kat at Play Shadow and Liner (Caramellow): This is a fun two sided eye product. One side has a brown liner and the other is a copper coloured eye shadow. I picked these colours at the advice of my consultant who assured me that they would compliment my skin tone and eye colour. Its also really easy to apply.