Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan



The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
By: Rick Riordan

Published: 2007
Published By: Listening Library
Format Read: Audio-book
Genre: Middle-grade, adventure, fantasy
Date Read: July 4, 2016


Rating: 3.5/5




 Unlike the first two books in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian's series, The Titan's Curse begins in December, before the winter solstice. Not only has the Goddess Artemis gone missing, but Percy's good friend Annabeth has as well. It is up to him, Grover, Thalia and some newly introduced characters to save the day and the fate of Olympus too.


After being less satisfied with The Sea of Monsters, I was glad to welcome back my enthusiasm for this series again.

The winter time setting was a nice change from the usual summertime. I enjoyed learning more about Greek mythology with the addition of some more familiar names.

The way Rick Riordan weaves popular American landmarks and locations into his books make for great visualisations. I look forward to seeing where he will take Percy and his readers next.

Apart from my issues with the narration of these audio-books, I have one other slight annoyance. That is with Percy's lack of education about the Greek mythology that has consumed his life, ever since he discovered he is a half-blood. I would have thought he would want to better prepare himself after all that he has been through already. Hopefully the next book will bring some growth to this character.

Those two quips aside, I enjoyed The Titan's Curse and look forward to book 4. I would recommend this series to fans of middle-grade adventure stories.  


Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this series. The second one following it was pretty good. I tried reading the new, Norse mythology one; didn't get my attention. When I read the new Apollo book, I was happy again. I guess I'm more attracted to Greek mythology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thats too bad you didn't like the Norse mythology series. I'm hoping to give it a try after I've read the whole Percy Jackson series. I'm looking forward to reading the Apollo book as well. Glad to hear you enjoyed that one.

      Delete