Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday Wrap-up: January 24 2016










It was a very bitter sweet week for me. I helped my parents move and said goodbye to my childhood home. We have a lifetime of memories in the old house, so it was very hard to let it go. However I am so happy for my parents and their new home is beautiful. I'm sure we will have many happy memories there as well.

As I helped them pack up, I couldn't help but think of the song The House that Built Me by Miranda Lambert..


"And I bet you didn't know, under that live oak my favourite dog is burried in the yard"
"...won't take nothing but a memory from the house that built me."

It will get easier I'm sure, but right now I'm just sad.

One of my favourite rooms in their new house is in the basement:



A photo posted by Melissa Lee (@melissaleesmanyreads) on

I can't wait to curl up beside the fire with a good book.

New Additions 

I would like to thank Broadway Books for sending me this book in the mail:


 I will be reading and reviewing it for TLC Book Tours.

 Recent Posts 


Upcoming Posts

Tuesday: Top 10 Books I wanted to read in 2015, but didn't
Thursday: Book Review: Full House by Maeve Binchy
Friday: Author and Book Spotlight: October 32nd by Larry Rodness



 

And thats all for this weeks wrap-up. I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and happy reading.  





Hosted by: Book Date


Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews


6 comments:

  1. It has been hard for me to see first my grandparents' farms and now my parents' home go, so I understand your sadness.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/01/childrens-multicultural-book-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many memories and history those places must have held. Thank you Deb.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that, that's hard. When my parents sold our home I had a hard time too, so many good memories there. I still drive by it sometimes if I'm in town. :) Great song by Miranda.

    That room in the new house does look cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of my favourites by Miranda. It holds so much meaning. I can relate to it now more than ever. I don't think I will be ready to drive by the old house for a while yet, but its nice that you can when you are in town.

      Delete
  3. I hope you like "The Mapmaker's Children." I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete